Got a visible tattoo? An edgy new haircut? Non-prescription glasses?? Come casually mingle with the coolest of the cool Parisians at Point Éphémère.
I decided to visit Point Éphémère after doing some research for cafés where I could connect to wifi and prep Paris Chic’s launch to my heart’s content. Little did I know Point Éphémère would mean so much more to me than a strong wifi signal.
5 Reasons Why You Should Chill at Point Éphémère
1. It’s on Canal Saint-Martin. When you sit on the terrace of the café, you’re overlooking the peaceful canal, where hoards of nicely-dressed Parisians and young people flock to.
2. Calling all writers on a budget: The cheapest beer is Grolsch Blond for €2.8, and wine is around €3 a glass. Truly a steal for Paris. Also, they have an amazing Thai food selection–I recommend the coconut lemon soup. Just by the looks of it, I don’t recommend the dessert…but again, I’m hardcore judging this aspect by its cover.
3. It’s not just a café. Point Éphémère is also a bookstore with almost all its books priced at €1 (these include great classics, although most books are in French), a vintage thrift store, and a gallery for up-and-coming artists.
4. They say eavesdropping on others’ conversations is a great way to learn a language. Hardly any English speakers are present, for those of you looking to immerse yourself in French culture and language.
5. It’s all located in an old warehouse. The ambiance is woodsy, urban, grungy, and exudes Paris chic. Cynical manifestos criticizing the state and political graffiti adorn the streets of this trendy area.
Point Éphémère is a top contender for one of my new favorite cafés in Paris. If you want to meet the artists and well-dressed citizens of non-tourist Paris, spend an afternoon at this trendy joint.
Point Éphémère is located at 200 Quai de Valmy, 75010 Paris, France.